Media and Communications Intern
The Amazon Investor Coalition is a non-profit start-up on a mission to increase and improve investments in forest-friendly economic development, and the rule of law, across the Amazon region of South America. The Coalition is an impact finance learning-and-collaboration platform that convenes investors and philanthropists, in partnership with communities, companies, governments, and civil society. Given the critical role of the Amazon ecosystem in mediating the global water and carbon cycles, the Amazon forest and its forest guardians need to be at the heart of the global economic agenda. By helping global markets properly value rainforests, soils, and biodiversity, the Amazon Investor Coalition aims to make forests worth more alive and standing than cut and burned.
The Amazon Investor Coalition seeks a creative, communications-savvy and passionate Media & Communications Intern to support our strategic communications to investors and the production of outreach and knowledge products. The ideal candidate is on a mission to transition the Amazon region away from commodity-driven deforestation and towards an alternative development pathway based on standing forests and flowing rivers.
• Assisting with the production of online knowledge products for members of the Amazon Investor Journey, including podcast editing and content development for on-demand learning program
• Development and execution of social media strategy
• Support for design of two reports
• Assistance with the Amazon bioeconomy communications campaign to report on findings and stoke global investor interest in regenerative investment opportunities
• Drafting of bioeconomy success stories and startup profiles
• Active support in the production of the Global Summit on Amazon Investing.
• Highly organized under pressing deadlines with proven follow-through
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Social media savvy
• Enjoy working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced distributed team
• Demonstrated research and problem-solving skills
• Communications, design, public relations, media studies, and journalism majors encouraged to apply
• “Nice-to-haves” include Adobe and video editing skills
Commitment & Compensation:
• Part-time or Full-time Opportunity
• Minimum of 15 hours per week
• Unpaid Internship
The Amazon Investor Coalition is deeply aware of the systemic problems in finance today, and the need to reconceive the global finance ecosystem in service of people and planet. Our work is done in consultation with indigenous authorities and grassroots organizations to ensure that everything we do is built upon mutual reciprocity, shared values, healing and integrity. By questioning our foundational assumptions about the role of finance, bringing our whole selves to work, and creating new models of radical collaboration and deep listening, we aim to bring a fresh perspective to impact investment and social entrepreneurship.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Amazon Investor Coalition is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.