Investor Engagement Systems Intern
The Amazon Investor Coalition is a non-profit start-up on a mission to increase and improve investments in forest-friendly economic development, and the rule of law, across the Amazon region of South America. The Coalition is an impact finance learning-and-collaboration platform that convenes investors and philanthropists, in partnership with communities, companies, governments, and civil society. Given the critical role of the Amazon ecosystem in mediating the global water and carbon cycles, the Amazon forest and its forest guardians need to be at the heart of the global economic agenda. By helping global markets properly value rainforests, soils, and biodiversity, the Amazon Investor Coalition aims to make forests worth more alive and standing than cut and burned.
The Amazon Investor Coalition seeks a tech-savvy, passionate Investor Engagement Systems Intern. The position will support AIC Directors and the CEO in donor, investor, corporate, and stakeholder relations management. S/he will use the AIC business processes and Salesforce Customer Relations Management system to ensure coordination and streamlined communications across contacts. S/he will conduct research to prepare team members with key information, and track follow-through on priority partnership opportunities. The ideal candidate is hyper organized and on a mission to transition the Amazon region away from commodity-driven deforestation and towards an alternative development pathway based on standing forests and flowing rivers.
• Supporting the development and maintenance of the investor membership and partner database for management of knowledge and community engagement.
• Administrative support for key programs and initiatives.
• Key point person for data management and quality control of CRM.
• Planning and preparation assistance for workshops and key meetings.
• Assistance with Global Summit planning and implementation.
• Support Directors in fulfillment of fundraising and grant project management requirements and reporting.
• Develop agendas and summarize meetings.
• Experience with customer relationship management or similar technology systems
• Highly organized under pressing deadlines with proven follow-through
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enjoy working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced distributed team
• Demonstrated research and problem-solving skills
Commitment & Compensation:
• Part-time or Full-time Opportunity
• Minimum of 15 hours per week
• Unpaid internship
The Amazon Investor Coalition is deeply aware of the systemic problems in finance today, and the need to reconceive the global finance ecosystem in service of people and planet. Our work is done in consultation with indigenous authorities and grassroots organizations to ensure that everything we do is built upon mutual reciprocity, shared values, healing and integrity. By questioning our foundational assumptions about the role of finance, bringing our whole selves to work, and creating new models of radical collaboration and deep listening, we aim to bring a fresh perspective to impact investment and social entrepreneurship.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Amazon Investor Coalition is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.